What is Amazon Smile?
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Verdugo Hills Chorus every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization.
How do I support Verdugo Hills Chorus when shopping on Amazon Smile?
On your first visit to Amazon Smile smile.amazon.com, select “Verdugo Hills Chapter, Sweet Adelines International” as the charitable organization you wish to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Your selection of Verdugo Hills Chorus will be remembered, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation to the chorus.
Which products on Amazon Smile are eligible for charitable donations?
Tens of millions of products on Amazon Smile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for Amazon Smile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on Amazon Smile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and Amazon Smile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
How do I shop at Amazon Smile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at Amazon Smile.
How to Shop Amazon Smile on Mobile
One of the drawbacks to AmazonSmile, is you have to make your purchases through the AmazonSmile site. Purchases through the regular Amazon site and their mobile site won’t give a donation. Fortunately, there’s a work around.
- If you regularly shop Amazon through your mobile browser, simply navigate to smile.amazon.com instead and you’re set! It will be a very similar experience to what you are used to.
- If you regularly shop Amazon through the Amazon app you could add items to your cart via the app but finish the checkout process on your browser. (Just make sure you are at smile.amazon.com) Or you could take these steps on your Apple device:
How to Use Amazon Smile on the App
- Visit smile.amazon.com in Safari.
- Next, hit the share button at the bottom middle of your screen.
- Now click add to Home Screen. You have just created a shortcut to the Amazon Smile page to easily navigate here from the homepage.
- Finally, delete your existing Amazon App so you will always shop with a smile.